Field Notes: Great Lakes Postcard Set
Sale Sold out
Regular price $13.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
This set of five postcards, one each for Lakes Michigan, Superior, Huron, Erie, and Ontario, was created as a tribute to Curt Teich & Co., the firm that revolutionized the postcard industry in the 1930s with their dreamy, photographic, hand-retouched “Art-Colortone” linen cards. They’re all ready for a stamp and a few witty lines to bring a little old-school joy to the mailboxes of your friends and family.
- Proudly printed by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill.
- Front: Neenah Classic Linen 100#C “Avon White” with a 5-color application of process-color plus “Teich Gold” soy-based Toyo UV inks.
- Back: Neenah Classic Linen 100#C “Avon White” with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Teich Navy” soy-based Toyo UV ink.
- Printed on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
- Post Card dimensions are 5-1/2" × 3-1/2" (140mm × 89mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials. Though you can see we snuck a little Memphis (Rudolf Wolf, 1929) into this product for historical accuracy.
- All FIELD NOTES paper products are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.