Field Notes: National Parks Series
The BDF team adore Field Notes and we're delighted to present the National Park series. These are Dan's favourite sets, they're absolutely stunning.
Gorgeous illustrations of iconic National Parks are featured on the covers of these Memo Books, which are grouped into 3-Packs that make up the “National Parks” Series. Choose your favourite 3-Pack, or collect them all.
The covers are printed on a variety of coloured 100-lb. cover stocks from the French Paper Company of Niles, Michigan, using a custom, five-colour process that started with under-printing white ink. This allowed us to incorporate the colour of the paper into the artwork. The illustrative styles, the printing process, and the copper staples recall the heritage, and archival promotional materials and publications, of the National Park System.
Each book features a brief history of the park on its inside back cover, a spot for the official National Park Passport Stamp on the inside front cover, and 48 pages of Finch Opaque 60#T marked with a 3/16" graph to record your plans, routes, notes, and memories.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks.
- Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Green Earth” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
- Corners rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge round-corner machine.
- Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).