Field Notes: Vignette
The Graph Paper Memo Books in these 3-Packs feature a clever die-cut pocket that allows you to include your own image — any image — as an integrated part of the cover design. We’ve noticed how people customize their Field Notes covers with a sticker, title, sketch, or stamp, so the “Vignette” Edition makes that sort of personalization quick and easy, resulting in a very slick finished product.
The “theme” of these books is completely up to you. Maybe it’s a photo of your mates, your kids, or your dog? Possibly a screen grab from your favorite movie or tv show? Will it be a masterpiece by a famous artist, or one by your not-yet-famous toddler? A team logo, vacation selfie, literary hero, pop star… or just that sweet photo you took of the full moon. Yeah, that’d work great.
- Proudly printed and bound by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill. and die-cut by Platinum Converting, Itasca, Ill.
- Covers: Neenah Classic Textures “Charcoal” Stipple and Astrobrights “Terra Green” 80#C with “Silver Emulsion” and “Neutral Gray” soy-based Toyo inks.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Silver Emulsion” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer and Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners rounded to 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).